Thursday, November 6, 2008

2 Months And Going... Strong!

So today Serenity is 2 months old. If you don't know me or us, My name is Meaghan Wells and my daughter is Serenity Seline Garcia. She was born on September 6, 2008. I had the birth I planned and I couldn't have asked it to go much better (Other then maybe her not to be posterior, but Id rather that then something else!).

Anyways... Serenity's daddy was involved on and off throughout pregnancy. At about a week before we had her, he moved here to live with us. He was the most supportive person during the birth and I wouldn't change him being there for anything. The following week, he was very supportive and a very great daddy. As the weeks progressed, I guess things were too much for him to handle and at just before her 1 month day, he left to move. I have been here struggling to keep all of her needs met along with keeping my mind staying positive. Of course, thanks to the help of my wonderful family.

It's really hard being a single mom. I know there are people who have it much much worse then me, but that's why its MY blog. I think writing on this blog every day or so will help me to remember and focus on the positive things happening in my life, as apposed to the negative. I can say that more then anything, I miss my "social" life, when you're young and have a baby, your friends tend to think that you can't or don't want to do fun things anymore. And instead of calling, to even check on you, they just kind of put you to their "book of the past". Its sad and hard. (Thank you for LLL for getting me to socialize with other mommies, but sometimes its hard being in there and hearing about all the "wonderful" daddies, and mine is just not around!)

Onto the positive things... Serenity is growing SO much and fast.
*She was born at 6.7 and 18.5 inches. Today she was 10.10 and About 21 inches
*She is holding her head up well, But only when shes sitting on you or you're holding her up
*She hates to be on her belly to play, only to sleep sometimes (only when shes on somebodies lap)
*She loves to smile almost every time someone talks to her, but is very sensitive at times; she throws up the "pitty lip" if something you say bothers her and it is the cutest friggen thing in the WHOLE world!
*Shes talking, or cooing I should say, and I love sitting there just having my own little conversation with her
*Shes still breastfeeding, and I feel like a trooper because only 1 other of my friends is doing it and no one in my whole family (except my aunt) has breastfed
*She does have a very sensitive belly and whenever I eat garlic or onion, she feels it almost instantly and it is continued by a large amount of explosive poo!
*She still has gas, but her spitting up is to a minimum now (which makes me VERY happy!! I dont have to constantly walk around with the burp cloth!)
*She is kicking and being more aware of things around her (i.e. her mobile, bouncy chair lights, etc)
*She stares at me every time I hold her, and I LOVE IT more then anything! I feel like Im her special GEM that nobody else can and will never be!! (The art of breastfeeding! :) )
*I think that's about it for now!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yippee!!! Another blog to read! I'm looking forward to all that you have to say about motherhood, breastfeeding, life in general and of course, Serenity!

I imagine that it's tough not having Renny's dad around to help you out and to watch her grow. You are a GOOD mother and smart to create a network of supportive, knowledgable people to be around. Nobody can do it alone and that's we all need each other!

Can't wait to see Renny on Monday!